This recipe is courtesy of Best Loved Cookies and Candies
- 1 Package 11 1/2 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Whip Cream
- 1 tsp Grated Orange Peel
- 2 1/2 tsp Orange Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Finely Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Shortening
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl, set aside in saucepan, bring cream and orange peel to a gentle boil, immediately pour over chips. Let stand for 1 minute, whisk until smooth. Add extract. Cover and chill for 35 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat the mixture for 10-15 seconds or just until it lightens in color. Do not overbeat. Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cover and chill for 5 minutes.
- Gently shape into balls, roll half in nuts. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening. Dip remaining balls in chocolate, allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.