This recipe is courtesy of Sunset Cookies
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Flour (All Purpose)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Candied Orange Peel
- 1/2 Cup Ground Almonds
- 4 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips Chopped
- Melt butter over low heat. Add sugar and cream and stir over high heat until mixture is boiling. Remove from heat and stir in flour, candied orange peel and ground and slices almonds.
- Drop batter in 1 tablespoon portions on a cooking mat, evenly spacing up to six portions on each sheet. With the back of a spoon spread each portion into a 2 inch round.
- Bake onean at a time at 350 degrees until edges of cookies are lightly browned ( centers will be bubbling), 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on pan until firm enough to remove, about 2 minutes.
- Melt chocolate until smooth. With a pastry brush, gently coat the back of each cookie with chocolate. Lay coated cookies on racks, chocolate side up and chill until chocolate is firm, about 10 minutes.