This recipe is courtesy of Best Loved Cookies and Candy 2010
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 cup Butter (Soft) and divided
- 1 1/2 Cups Coarsely chopped pecans toasted
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Light corn syrup
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 14 Oz can Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil, butter the foil with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup and water, cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until temperature reaches 248 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour into prepared (do not scrape pan). Cool completely.