This recipe is courtesy of Sunset Cookies.
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 Cups Lightly Packed Sweetened Flaked Dried Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 oz Semisweet Chocolate (Chopped, baking squares are best)
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until frothy. Beat in vanilla, sugar and flour until well blended. Sir in coconut.
- Drop dough in 1 tablespoon portions, about 2 inches apart, on a mat. Shape the cookie with a peak.
- Bake at 325 degrees until macaroons are golden about 20 minutes.
- Heat butter and chocolate, stirring often, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Hold a macaroon on one edge and dip other side into chocolate to coat half of the cookie. Shake off excess chocolate. Chill uncovered, until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.